Online preregistration begins June 26th at 12 a.m. to July 6th at 11:30 p.m. To compete it is $40 for each competitor and each division, same day registration is $65.
For the 2017 season, we have decided to adopt divisions that fall more in line with the World Wakeboarding Association (WWA). This means instead of divisions being separated by abilities as in the past, they will now be based on an Age Range with the exception of the Open Women & Open Men’s divisions. We believe this will allow riders to compete amongst their respective peers while eliminating the issue of sandbagging with the new rules implemented with this format. Both the Wake in the Snake competition in Burley, ID and the Tige Wake Up at Pineview Reservoir in Eden, UT will be following this new format for consistency.
- Grom (11 & under, boys & girls combined) (DOB has to be 7/6/06 or younger)
- Boys (12-15 years old) (DOB has to be between 7/6/02-7/6/05
- Jr. Women (12-15 years old) (DOB has to be between 7/6/02-7/6/05)
- Jr. Men (16-20 years old) (DOB has to be between 7/6/97-7/6/01)
- Men’s 1 (21-29 years old) (DOB has to be between 7/6/96-7/6/88)
- Men’s 2 (30 & over) (DOB has to be 7/6/87 or older)
- Open Women (any age)
- Open Men (any age)
Additional details on these Divisions will be forthcoming, but here are some of the rules of this new format.
- A rider’s age for the season will be established by Thursday, July 6, 2017 (48hrs before the Wake in the Snake) IF they compete in both events. This means whatever age a rider is as of July 6th, 2017, they will be able to remain in that same age division at the 3017 Wake Up competition even if they had a birthday between competitions. If a rider only competes in the Tige Wake Up, their division will be based on their current age on Thursday, July 27, 2017.
- There are no age restrictions for the Open Women & Open Men’s divisions.
- A rider who competes in the Open Women or Open Men division may also be able to compete in their respective Age division provided there is no time constraints in the competition schedule. A rider choosing to participate in two different divisions will be required to pay a separate entrance fee for each division they compete in.
- A rider will be required to present a government issued photo I.D. to show proof of current age.
- A rider can NOT compete in more than two (2) divisions. Bonus competitions such as a Double Up Contest at the end of the day is not included in this rule.
- The Open Men will compete in their first round as the first event of the day. A predetermined amount of riders will advance from the first round to the Final round at the end of the day.
- There will be NO trick restrictions for any division, except that there will be a predetermined number of tricks that a rider may execute per pass. The max number of tricks per pass will be announced at the riders meeting.
*There will be other details of the new format that will be announced at the riders meeting before the start of each event.
Rider Check in will be 7-8am
If you wish to compete please register here: